Thursday, February 24, 2011

What kind of woman am I?

I have been thinking about the answer to this question a lot lately.  What kind of woman am I and more importantly, am I the kind of woman that I want to be?  I want to be a kind, compassionate woman who embraces life to the fullest.  I aim to live in the moment and not plan the next step at the expense of the here and now.  Am I that kind of woman?  Not quite.  I do think I am kind and I certainly do have a great capacity for compassion.  Ironically, I am an extremely emotional woman but find myself lacking the ability to handle the emotions of others.  I am a rule follow who is trying to find her way out of the role she has been cast in since childhood.  I am a people pleaser who is often taken advantage of and I am slowly learning to stand up for myself.  I am proud of the woman I am becoming and am excited to see what the future holds for me.  The best part of being human is our ability to create whatever we want out of our life and I for one want to be the woman I first described.  I want to be remembered as a kind woman who wasn't afraid to take a chance.

In that vein, March 1st I will reveal my list of 101 goals to be accomplished in 1001 days.  These goals are aimed at molding me into the kind of woman I want to be.

*** There are still a few spots open on my goal list so if you have any suggestions please feel free to pass them along.  Those of you who know me are probably more aware than I am of some of my shortcomings and could certainly offer some valuable advice in becoming a better person. 

No comments:

Post a Comment