Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Friendship-Applications being taken



I read a book last night by Steve Harvey entitled Straight Talk, No Chaser.  Yes, I have become a reader of the self help book.  It is past time for me to put the pride aside and admit I need help.  Reading this book made me realize that my friendship standard is super low.  I am definitely a giver and I now know that some of the people whom I have considered "good friends" have been nothing more than takers.  Looking back I am amazed that I have been so willingly taken advantage of.  The biggest thing I am taking away from this revelation is that I don't have to apologize for expecting equality in friendship.So...what am I going to do to change this behavior???  I am looking for new friends. 

Let me tell you a little bit about myself as a friend to see if maybe we are compatible.  I am a a FANTASTIC friend!!  I am willing to do anything for a friend and am looking for friends who will be there for ME.  Now that being said, I am not a needy person in general.  Sure, I do have my needy moments but I am pretty sure we all do and I don't want to be involved with people who can't acknowledge that fact.  I am a homebody by nature and love to hang out with friends in small groups rather than in large crowds.  Truth be told I am a great friend!!  Be warned though, I am no longer a pushover.   I am not lookng for friends who only have time for me when they are in need and throw me over when I am the one who could use the support. 

This is not a joke.  I really am looking for new friends.  Please contact me and lets get to know each other!!

No comments:

Post a Comment