Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Reinvention

http://www.boston.com/lifestyle/articles/2011/01/22/fashion_line_gone__sigrid_olsen_embarked_on_journey_of_reinvention/

I read this article last night and it opened my eyes.  Life, if lived fully, is constantly changing and unfortunately sometimes things happen that we neither expect nor desire.  I am currently being reminded of this fact in a major way.  I had to acknowledge and accept (super hard for me!!) that everyone gets to make their own decisions and that is okay.  In the past couple of months I have fallen in love with one of my best friends and simply put, he does not feel the same way.  I want to hate him because I am pretty sure it would make it easier but unfortunately I can not.  Now, here is the part where my ability to make MY own decisions benefits me.  I am not the kind of girl who can go from being friends, to more than friends back to being the buddy.  It's just not in me and guess what?  That is OK!!  I know that probably sounds really simple to most of you but if you know me personally you realize how major that it.  I am the kind of girl who generally goes out of her way to make others happy regardless the cost to my emotional health.  No more!  I am sorry.  You have been a great friend and I really do love you but I can't have you in my life anymore if I expect to ever move on and find a love that will be returned.  I hope you understand!

Okay, that being said I am now going to tie this fantastic article from the Boston Globe into this little epiphany.  This woman lost her career but more than that her name was literally taken away from her and not only has she survived but she has thrived.  I hope to be able to follow her example and reinvent myself and not take a backward slide.  If you follow my blog at all you know that I have been unemployed since being laid off in May 2009.  That loss and the multiple career rejections that have followed combined with the recent rejection in my personal life could cripple me but I am deciding here and now to not let this happen.  I will not put the walls back up that I have spent the past few years tearing down. 

**As a side note, this post is in BYU Blue to celebrate the fantastic win over the San Diego Aztecs tonight.  Maybe Jimmer is available....

No comments:

Post a Comment