Sunday, March 13, 2011

Struggle

This making and keeping goals thing is HARD!!  Thanks to a friend and his superior math skills I have come up with an end date to my 1001 day challenge.  November 4, 2013 is the day my 101 goals must be reached.  AAAGH!  That is not that far away especially considering the fact that I have yet to mark a single thing off my list but I have started several of my goals and actually feel like I am making progress.

Lately, I feel like I have been bogged down mentally and emotionally with things that are out of my control and I am trying to break out of that cycle.  Right now I am taking the first step.  One of the goals on my list that is probably one of the most important to me is Goal Number 3-To be in a steady romantic relationship and knowing me this is going to take some time and serious work on me as a person and it is time to get started if I am going to accomplish this one.  First things first, I am ready to start dating.  I am putting this out there for the universe (and my friends with single acquaintances) to hear.  Fix me up!    Help me find a man!!  I am open to any and all suggestions!!  Also, I am hoping that those who know me and love me will be able to give me some constructive insight into why I have failed at relationships in the past. 

Please don't use this as an opportunity to tell me all the things you find annoying about me (trust me, I could make a longer list that you could.)  I am truly looking for help and direction.  I also don't really want to hear how fantastically happy you are in your relationship.  Everyone around me seems to be in love, I get it.  You are happy.  Congrats!  Also, I really don't want to hear "stop thinking about it and it will happen."  Really?  Have you ever been a single 34 year old woman?  I am pretty sure at this point not a day goes by that I don't wish I had a partner and I am pretty sure that is normal.  Don't misunderstand me, I have a pretty good life.  I enjoy certain aspects of being single.  I appreciate picking up and leaving on an exciting adventure at a moments notice with no impact on anyone else.  I appreciate being able to spend my money and way that I like.  That being said, I am ready for the next phase of my life.  It is time for my own personal adventure to begin.

Go GramesGirl!!

1 comment:

  1. haha your so awesome! I love it! Wish I knew someone, I'll keep my eyes ad ears open! :)

    ReplyDelete