Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Salt Lake City Weekend

I am so grateful to have such amazing friends in my life.  A big thanks to Mindy for placing host and for spending several hours at the hospital while I worried about my grandfather.  She really is a great friend. 

First stop of my visit was to Ikea where once again I wanted to spend all my money but managed to contain my excitement for the most part.  I did find my next craft project though.  I am totally going to make this light fixture.  What do you think?  It's basically just paper snowflakes.  Good times!!




Friday night we spent some time in Provo having dinner with our great friend Erin and visiting the BYU Art Museum.  My how campus has changed!!!  Just being back made me feel really old.  I saw a girl in the bathroom that I would have sworn was 14 at the most.  She totally was a student who worked at the museum.  My life has changed SOOOO much since my time in Provo.  Friday Mindy and I also indulged in fourth meal.  At 1am we hit the In-N-Out drive thru for burgers and shakes.  Yummy!!!

Saturday morning we headed up Emigration Canyon and hit Ruth's Diner for brunch.  I had some delicious pecan cinammon roll french toast with lemon cream cheese spread and Mindy had the famous baked mac-n-cheese.  YUMMY!!  It was super cold but the wait for indoor seating was long so we ate on the patio.  Needless to say we ate in a hurry!!

It totally snowed the day before...we might be crazy!!
Soooo good!!!
The vegetables really were unnecessary!!

Creepy Ruth watching us eat our food.  Ruth is dead so I am hoping this is just a cut-out...

After our yummy meal we headed to Tooele to visit our great friend Laura, her husband Jason and their darling son Ryan.  We had such a great time visiting with them.  I have fantastic friends and I am so thankful that they put up with me!!  :)

Jason and Laura

I brought a blue dinosaur for Ryan.  He loved it, me....not so much.




Puzzle time is serious business.
 
or...not so much


It has been a few years since we were in college


Sunday I had the opportunity to visit Mindy's ward and her Young Women's.  Good times!!  Those girls were adorable.  After church we recreated the delicious mac-n-cheese of the day before and started the BBC version of Pride & Prejudice before receiving the phone call that my grandfather was in the hospital.  Mindy kindly drove me up to SLC where I got to spend a few hours visiting with Grandpa and the doctors. 

Monday morning it was up and at 'em super early.  I had a 9am flight and got back to Boise just in time to see the snow.  Ugh!!  All in all it was a great weekend and just what the doctor ordered.  It always amazes me how much the body and soul is replenished by time away.


No comments:

Post a Comment