Friday, October 8, 2010

Happy!

I am a happy woman!!  My Yankees have a 2-0 lead over the Twins (sorry Greg).  But more importantly I am just happy with my life.  I am still woefully unemployed but I figure that has to change eventually.  I am a fantastic (yes, I am tooting my own horn) employee with a lot to offer so I figure the perfect job opportunity is just waiting to present itself. 

My health has been iffy for the entire year.  I started the year off with a breast cancer scare and moved right into stomache problems but with the help of my fantastic doctors those issues are starting to get cleared up and I am finally taking control of my own health.  Thanks to my awesome friend Amy Jo Tucker I have been motivated for the first time in a long time to really take care of my body. 

I have terrific friends who actually care about me and my happiness.  I have reconnected with an old college roommate who I haven't kept in touch with over the last couple of years.  She is my hero.  She deals with OCD like I do and it is so nice to have someone to share experiences with.  I know I am crazy but it is nice to know that other people have issues like I do.  Laura, I love you!!  Your gentle, unjudging spirit has gotten me through some dark nights and for that I will always be grateful. 

Lesson for me in all of this rambling...Life is good.  Sometimes bad things happen but it is up to us to make of it what we will. 

1 comment:

  1. Hi!! I love your blog! Thanks for the shout out! I feel famous being mentioned in someones blog! hehe I'm special, what can I say? :)I think you are so awesome. You've had to go through so much the past 18 months!! You are so great, you have such a good attitude and seem to put the time to good use. Way to go working on yourself and improving yourself. You're rad! :) I'm so excited for you, I think good things are coming your way soon!

    ReplyDelete