Friday, October 29, 2010

Growing up!!

Okay, I think I have finally become an adult.  I realize age wise I have been considered an adult for well over a decade but in the last week or so I actually have realized that I am one.  Here is what I know...I have a great life.  It is certainly not the life I planned for myself and for sure not the one I dreamed about but it is the one I have and as I heard someone say once it's time I start LIVING my life.  The thing is, I have actually done some super cool things in my life but have always put a negative spin on them.  "If only I had more money this experience would be so much better." "If only I were married or had a boyfriend this trip would be way more exciting and romantic."  Since when do the Disney Princesses have the corner on fantastic lives?  Just because I don't have a bank full of money and Prince Charming hasn't rescued me from my life doesn't mean good things can't happen.

 My good friends sister recently got married in a courthouse.  Most people would not consider this a dream venue for a wedding and I will admit upon first hearing the plan I was a little skeptical.  I was skeptical, that is, until I heard how she described her wedding.  She described the ceromony as "perfect" and you know what?  They are married and that is what counts.  It was perfect.  The moral of this little story is perfection comes in all forms and often when and where we don't expect it.  Congratulations Ellen and thank you for unknowingly help me realize that I am a grown up.  I owe you one!

No comments:

Post a Comment