Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Crazy Crafting Lady!!

So, I have met someone recently who thinks it's his sole job to teach me patience.  Thank you very much Andrew! :)  Because of these lessons I have sought a lot of distractions and I have turned into the Crazy Crafting Lady.  Right now I am in the middle of hand quilting a  cute quilt but tonight I finished a super rad light fixture for my living room.

This light fixture was inspired by one I saw at IKEA but I convinced myself that I could make it for cheaper.  The fixture itself turned out a little diffferently than the one at IKEA but I absoutely LOVE the end result.

So, 1 16" paper lantern, 600 coffee filters, 30 hot glue sticks, 10 hours and 1 blister later this is the end result.



The light hasn't found it's permanent home yet because I have to put some anchors in my ceiling but I am so happy with how it turned out.  Go me!!! 

1 comment:

  1. Hey! You finished the light! I would never have thought of that, but it looks great--nice job!

    ReplyDelete